Woo Hoo! Here’s a blouse I know I will wear many times.
I will definitely sew up this pattern again, but the one and only design change I will make will be to move those back ties up a couple inches so they are just below my bust line. In looking at these photos, I can see that would be a more flattering location for the ties.
The only detail I changed on this top is that I used my serger to make a narrow-rolled, lettuce hem. I used regular poly thread in the needle and lower looper and for some interest I used a DMC silver metallic thread in the upper looper. It is hard to see in these photos so here is a close up of the hem:
I always use French seams on sheer fabrics and this pattern is no exception. For the binding, I simply used a 100% quilter’s cotton that I had on hand. I initially thought it might be a little heavy for the neck binding and that it might “flop” down after it was applied, but I was wrong. It lays beautifully along the neck and is not too heavy or bulky at all.
|Inside finished seams|
Now I must begin my fit muslin for the jeans class that I am in over at PatternReview.com